Because I worked in the industry for years I read a lot of articles about the health benefits extra virgin olive oil might have on our health.
While it is not enough to use extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) on a daily basis, to be sure we are healthy, this, together with a mediterranean diet can help reduce or postpone the negative effects of other factors in our lives: stress, tiredness, ageing.
Most of the health benefits of EVOO on our health will be cited in this article from the website http://www.oliveoiltimes.com – I read it the most and I recommend that you also do, to learn more about how to introduce EVOO in your life on a daily basis, where to buy it from and how to use it.
So here are 10 health benefits of EVOO:
- Polyphenol in Olive Oil might help fight allergies. full article here
- A Mediterranean diet with no restriction on fat intake may be associated with reduced incidence of cardiovascular events, breast cancer, and type 2 diabetes. full article here
- Olecanthal, a polyphenol in olive oil, positively impacts human melanoma cells full article here
- Researchers uncover neuroprotective effects of picholine olive oils. Hydroxycinnamic acids, abundant in Picholine extra virgin olive oils, show neuroprotective effect against Alzheimer’s B-amyloid peptide plaque deposits in the brain. full article here
- Extra virgin olive oil improves health outcomes for Fibromyalgia sufferers. Biologically active compounds in EVOO decrease oxidative stress and improve functional capacity in fibromyalgia sufferers. full article here